Hybrid Construction With Your Frame Of Mind.
For extreme climate conditions or when you're building in areas with prescriptive energy codes, Ward Cedar Log Homes offers a Hybrid home. The Hybrid System provides the look of a solid log home while providing a super insulated R-30 or more home. And since only the walls are constructed differently than other Ward log homes, the rest of the log home package remains the same. A hybrid log home offers more flexibility to let your creative ideas come together. You have the ability to combine many features such as logs, log siding, stone, T&G boards, round or square timbers, stucco, drywall, and other siding accents. The possibilities are endless. A Hybrid Home allows you to have both the interior and exterior designed to your ideas, desires, and needs. Whether you want just a few log accents or a complete system that will look like a full log home, the choice is yours.
All of our standard designs can be adapted to a Hybrid Home. Or lets work closely together to design a custom home that fits you and your lifestyle.
The Hybrid Log Home features:
- Northern White Cedar log siding — Air dried to ensure the highest quality and stability, cedar naturally resists the problems associated with moisture and insects and protects your home investment for years to come.
- Superior energy efficiency — When you're building in areas where energy codes are dictated, Ward's Hybrid Log Home delivers an R-value of more than 30.
- Exterior look choice — Choose from insulated log walls that look exactly like traditional solid log walls, clapboard-style exterior walls or a different style.
- Interior look choice - Interior walls can be finished just like any traditional interior wall — tongue-and-groove horizontal, vertical, or diagonal paneling, cedar half-log siding for a full log wall look or dry wall that allows you to paint or wallpaper areas of your choice.
- A variety of corner styles to select from — The standard package comes with full-log corners, but you can also choose corner boards to provide a more formal appearance.
- Proven exterior sealant and caulking system — Ward engineers worked with leaders in foam gasket and caulking technology to create a system that employs thoroughly tested materials and methods, ensuring a weather-tight home.
- Easy-to-understand construction — Builders and contractors everywhere, even in areas where log homes are uncommon, will quickly understand how Ward's Hybrid Log Home is constructed.
With all Ward log homes, you can be assured of easy-to-maintain durability, long lasting beauty, and quality.
View photos of Hybrid log homes.